Leading Bjj Townsville Classes
LEADING BJJ TOWNSVILLE CLASSES
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Combatives is more than just a sport or a method of promoting physical fitness. It’s more than a martial art; it’s a way to change your life; ultimately, a way of life.
Philosophy at UMF is direct: if attacked, you will need to finish the situation decisively. UMF trains you how to comprehend punches, kicks, how to close distance & work from the clinch or on the ground.
Classes are designed for those who want to learn:
- effective self-defence for personal safety,
- MMA or
- simply as an exciting way to stay fit & healthy.
UMF BJJ Combatives aims is to be combative rather than tournament orientated and so unlike most Brazilian Jiu-jitsu schools UMF offers classes that are very proven effective as well as tournament specific.
UMF BJJ Combatives is all about making sure the technique works anywhere and anytime be it for MMA, Self Defence or for tournaments!
Personal self defence is our goal and is in fact the measure of proficiency in our system. Being street ready will also make you competition ready, not vice versa.
UMF Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Combatives is proud to have national & international affiliations providing an amazing source of knowledge & training opportunities.
The method promotes the concept that a smaller, weaker person can successfully defend against a bigger, stronger, heavier assailant by using proper technique, leverage, and most notably, taking the fight to the ground, and then applying joint-locks and choke holds to defeat the opponent.
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Combatives is incredibly strategic and involves mental clarity, mental acuity and the ability to out strategised and out maneuver your opponent by controlling the ground. It involves more than physical strength, it involves clarity of technique and intelligent problem solving and strategic skills.
The training can be used for sport grappling tournaments [Gi and No Gi], mixed martial arts (MMA) competition or for self-defence.
The Physical Benefits
It has many positive physical benefits including weight loss, increased levels of flexibility, increased strength and simply just feeling fitter. You can physically see your body changing with every day or week. Students will achieve improvements in their overall health as a result of training.
Teaches you how to use your body as one unit. The majority of people in modern society will spend most of their day sitting, driving or working at a computer and because of this the body develops some strange and unnatural movement patterns.
Helps develop your body awareness. An increase in body awareness, quickly promotes strength and mobility reversing the negative effects of sitting all day every day.
Improvements in mobility show up during techniques and drills that at first were difficult to complete, but become easier and more natural within your body.
UMF Academy have increased their network to train, compete, seminar-up with Professor Rigan Machado – and make some new friends. A great community and network – with people all over helping and supporting one another.
The Mental Benefits
- Beyond any physical improvements that come as a result of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Combatives, are the mental improvements have an impact across all areas of your life. With Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Combatives the process of learning requires as much mental activity as it does physical. To learn the technique you must practice it repeatedly. You study the technique just like you would a new subject and then learn to apply it.
- Learning to apply the technique can be the most challenging part. To improve you must keep attempting the technique constantly. Then drill it some more and try again. This takes mental acuity, persistence and patience and the ability to strive for excellence and not give up.
- When something is easy to achieve, we do not feel the same level of satisfaction as we do when we have learned the technique over time and mastered it! This builds confidence and our inherent belief in our ability to achieve, and achieve not just a hollow victory but one full of satisfaction that feeds our soul.
- Everyone has stress in their lives. It’s how we deal with the stress that is important. Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Combatives is great for stress relief. After a long day at work, you can walk into UMF Academy and let your day completely go. The last thing you want to think about when you are grappling is your stressful day at work.
- Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Combatives requires focus, it requires coming into the present and projecting your strategy into the future and working to make it happen. During rolling and drilling you can take that anger and built-up frustration and release it on the mat. Roll hard and let it go. You will find after an intense rolling or drilling session you will feel better and your training will become a stress valve.
- As you let go of your work day and pursue your strategy, you move into a positive mindset that truly fortifies you to move past the frustrations of your day and build a lightheartedness that you take with you once you leave your training session. This lightheartedness goes home with you and you can put that into your home and family relationships, with the people who are most important to you.
The UMF Academy Way
Students are made up of almost every type of person you can think of – tradies, soldiers, security officers, doctors, lawyers, students, law enforcement, teachers, nurses, business people, and more. Every day our students walk into the academy for the same reasons: to be better, to improve their health and well-being, learning ability and stress levels. Our students are taking the lessons learned on the mat and applying them to their everyday life and making their lives better.
Emilio Cardenas, Pablo’s son, has grown up living and breathing martial arts at UMF Academy. He has dedicated himself to his art, spending many hours per week training and assisting his father with his teaching.Learn More
Master Fari Salievski
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Combatives & Muay Thai Kickboxing MentorLearn More
You can trial one of our many classes, free of charge.*
The best way to see if any of our classes are for you, is to experience it first-hand. See our Academy, meet our instructors and emerge yourself in the UMF culture.
To register for your free class* simply check the class schedule, then click the link below to fill in the registration form.
* One FREE Trial class per person per program.